7 Comments Already

commenter
October 22nd, 2009 @12:33 am

Jan~
Thanks for sharing the highlights of your day regarding the Overcomers, Inc. book. Truly the content is powerful and life-altering. I dare anyone to get through the entire book without crying, contemplating life, and raising their confidence to overcome ANYTHING. This book not only shares stories, but real-world tools anyone can use for the challenges that inevitably crop up in life.

commenter
October 22nd, 2009 @1:30 am

Jan:
Thank you for your wonderful book review! You did a great job summarizing the Overcomers, Inc. anthology AND you gave it “flavor”!

I also appreciated that fact that your own chapter was placed as the grand finale chapter in the book! Your story was a great reminder that I should give all my challenges and worries to God (so He can handle the results), because He’s going to be up all night anyway, right? :-) When I surrender (as you mention in your chapter), and take my action steps, and then let God handle the results (instead of me having to be in control all of the time)…He usually has a plan that is better than I can imagine!

Gratitude and God’s blessings to you Jan!
Susan M. Hampton
The FEEL N.O.W. Success Coach

commenter
October 22nd, 2009 @6:36 am

Jan, thank you for your post.
This is an amazing book that will touch the lives of many people today, tomorrow and forever.

Warmly,
Kimberly

commenter
msark Said,
October 22nd, 2009 @4:51 pm

Hello Jan,
I really appreciate your comments about our Overcomers. book. You have captured what all the authors were striving for – the sense that the most terrible events CAN be overcome with faith, courage and of course, the loving support of others.
Be well,
Margaret

commenter
October 23rd, 2009 @8:12 pm

Hi Jan,
Thank you for your chapter…it was the first one I (Lalei) read and shared with Phil. You affirmed that prayer does not have to be pretty or prescribed. In having “Conversations with God” (we loved those books). we cultivate our intimate relationship with the Source, the Universe, the All That Is God. And when faced with adversity, big or small, letting “God do the driving” makes it easier to be a back seat driver or a relaxed passenger because God know the best routes to take that will make our journey all the worth living for. Imagine where all our journeys have come to together….Overcomers, Inc. for Now. We congratulate you for being a best selling author.

Pingback & Trackback