6 Comments Already

commenter
October 23rd, 2009 @1:24 pm

Hi Jan,
It’s so exciting to share this amamzing accomplishment with you! I too learned so much about every aspect of writing, publishing and having a successful book launch. For so many years, there seemed to be such a huge chasm for me between the ‘want ‘ to write and actually doing it. Then once I accomplished that, I discovered the whole publishing and marketing piece! I’m so grateful to everyone involved in this project, especially my fellow authors with whom I feel we share this “child” together.

With gratitude,
Kimberly

commenter
Charlon Said,
October 23rd, 2009 @1:27 pm

Hello, Co-Author-Sister~
You are so right; victory IS so sweet. What a life-altering event this has been. I had no idea that authoring and marketing a book could be so much fun AND so much hard work. It all paid off handsomely! Truly we are blessed as we share our personal and often very private stories with the masses.

commenter
Charlon Said,
October 23rd, 2009 @1:28 pm

Kimberly~
What a beautiful way to say it: ‘we share this “child” together.’ It was quite a birthing experience and look what we have to show for it! And aren’t we such proud parents.

Love,

commenter
October 23rd, 2009 @2:05 pm

HI Jan -
I’m thrilled to be on this journey with you and I wonder where it will take us. I have learned so much from participating in this wondrous project Perhaps the biggest lesson has to do with overcoming my own fears, my tendencies to put things off to avoid what is new, hard, or unknown – and to take action! Taking the action to dig deep to write what is true for me, and being a witness to the extraordinary actions all the contributors to this book found the resources to take, to transform their lives. I have become a believer in the triumph of hope – and action – over fear, and the absolute blessing of community in taking those steps.

commenter
October 23rd, 2009 @4:18 pm

Jan, Thank you for your post. It was quite a rush yesterday seeing how a book launch really works. I know I will continue to write, so I’m glad I got to be part of such an exceptional team to see how to launch a book.

I can’t say enough about each of the beautiful stories that make up the book. I can’t wait to hear the feedback from my family and friends who bought the book yesterday.

Congratulations!